This program is for anyone who is up for a challenge and looking to make actual ground impact in the society. Though a full-time commitment is not required, Ground Breakers do still need to show some on ground effort, before inducted into this program.
The type of work Ground Breakers do:
- Conduct Door-to-Door Surveys, mainly in depressed areas like Slums.
- Initiate discussions with people living in targeted depressed areas.
- Plan, Schedule and Conduct programs in targeted depressed areas.
- Do fund-raising by contacting and meeting CSR heads of different organizations.
Steps to become a Ground Breaker:
- Step 1 – Submit the online form (here).
- Step 2 – PLS team will review the form and if selected, you will receive a confirmation email that your application has moved to Stage 2.
- Step 3 – In Stage 2, you will be asked to give a simple online test, to judge if you know about the organization, the type of work and policies with which you will be bound to.
- Step 4 – If you score, 60% and above in this test, you will be selected as E-Volunteer and your appointment will be sent to you via email.
- Step 5 – Your initial appointment will be for 1 month from the date you receive the appointment email. After 1 month, your status will be reviewed, based on work you have done, and a decision will be made to extend your appointment.
- Step 6 – Any E-volunteer who has completed 3 Months with PLS, will be sent an experience letter, thanking you for your efforts to help the society.